Orzo, Asparagus and Grilled Chicken Salad
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 12 minutes
Per serving: Calories 354; Protein 30 g; Fat 10 g; Carbohydrates 36 g; Fibre 2 g; Iron 2 mg; Calcium 41 mg; Sodium 322 mg
250 ml (1 cup) of orzo
10 to 12 asparagus spears, cut into pieces
3 skinless chicken breasts
80 ml (1/3 cup) of Renée’s mediterranean greek vinaigrette
1/2 of a small red onion, diced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of olive oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) of fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of Club House Greek Seasoning
- Start cooking the orzo in a pot of boiling, salted water. Add the asparagus to the pot 3 minutes before the pasta is finished cooking. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan. Sprinkle the breasts with Greek seasoning if desired. Cook the breasts for 12 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre, turning them at the halfway point. Chop.
- In a salad bowl, mix the orzo with the asparagus, chicken, vinaigrette, onion and parsley.