- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 25 minutes
Per serving: Calories 431, Protein 22 g, Fat 33 g, Carbohydrates 18 g, Fibre 4 g, Iron 2 mg, Calcium 468 mg, Sodium 348 mg
2 green and 2 yellow zucchinis
1 container (227 g) mushrooms, chopped
500 ml (2 cups) shredded four cheese blend
250 ml (1 cup) cooking cream (15%)
18 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) parsley, chopped
- Cut the zucchinis into thin rounds.
- Melt a little butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the mushrooms and onion for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool on the counter.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the cream, mushrooms and onions, half the shredded cheese, and parsley if desired. Add three quarters of the zucchini rounds. Season with salt and pepper, and stir.
- Grease a baking dish and transfer the prepared ingredients into it.
- Arrange the remaining zucchini rounds on top of the dish. Top with cherry tomatoes, then cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover the dish in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Place the gratin in the freezer.
- The night before your meal, let the gratin thaw out in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Remove the aluminum foil and plastic wrap from the dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.