Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 4 minutes
1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
450 g (1 lb.) of beef strips
1 orange pepper, cut into pieces
180 ml (3/4 cup) of beef stock
180 ml (3/4 cup) of stir-fry sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of sesame oil (untoasted)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of garlic, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of ginger, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of sesame seeds
- Blanch the broccoli for 2 minutes in boiling, salted water. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Sear the beef strips for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the onion, pepper, and garlic and ginger if desired. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, sauce and broccoli. Bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds before serving, if desired.