100g pancetta, diced
1 loaf rustic bread around 600 to 700 g (around 1 1/3 lb to 1 1/2 lb)
4 green onions, chopped
60 ml (1/4 cup) parsley, chopped
500 ml (2 cups) Fromagerie L’Ancêtre organic half-salt cheddar, grated
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) thyme, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Cook the pancetta in a big frying pan for 10 to 12 minutes over medium heat until they are crisp. Absorb excess fat with paper towel.
- Cut a grid into the bread without slicing to the bottom of the loaf.
- Mix together in a bowl the pancetta, green onions, parsley, garlic, melted butter and thyme, if desired. Season with pepper.
- Divide this herb mixture into the slits in the bread, stung it in as deeply as possible. Sprinkle with cheddar.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.