Warm Artichoke Dip
- Serves 6
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
1 can (398 ml) artichoke bottoms
1/2 package (250 g) cream cheese
125 ml (1/2 cup) plain yoghurt
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) mixed shredded cheese
30 ml (2 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) parsley, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a food processor, blend the artichoke bottoms with the cream cheese, yoghurt, shredded cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, and chives, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the dip to a baking dish or large ramekin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Side dish idea
Grilled Pitas With Herbed Olive Oil
In a bowl, mix 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil with 10 ml (2 tsp) paprika, 30 ml (2 tbsp) grated parmesan, 10 ml (2 tsp) chopped thyme and 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of 4 pitas with the oil. Cook the pitas for 1 to 2 minutes on each side in a ridged skillet or on the hot barbecue grill over medium heat. Cut into wedges.