Bell Peppers and Bacon Chicken Stir-Fry
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 10 minutes
Per serving: Calories 424, Protein 47 g, Fat 15 g, Carbohydrates 26 g, Fibre 2 g, Iron 2 mg, Calcium 33 mg, So-dium 1,436 mg
Bacon gives an indulgent little something extra to a weekday meal!
3 bell peppers, various colours, chopped
650 g (about 1 1/2 lb.) of chicken, diced
60 ml (1/4 cup) of honey
60 ml (1/4 cup) tamari or soy sauce
8 bacon slices, cooked and cut into pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sambal oelek
- Heat a little canola oil in a frying pan or wok over medium heat. Cook the bell peppers and green onions for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring. Set aside on a plate.
- Add a little canola oil to the same pan. Cook the chicken cubes for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring.
- Add the honey and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, until the chicken is caramelized and cooked through.
- Add the tamari and the sambal oelek, if desired. Bring to a boil.
- Return the vegetables to the pan. Heat for 1 minute.
- Add the bacon and heat for 1 minute, stirring.