Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Cream Cheese and Broccoli
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 10 minutes
Per serving: Calories – 398; Protein – 35 g; Fat – 23 g; Carbohydrates – 13 g; Fibre – 2 g; Iron – 2 mg; Calcium – 87 mg; Sodium – 493 mg
You can’t go wrong with stuffed chicken breasts! The kids will love this cream cheese and broccoli filling!
4 skinless chicken breasts
180 ml (3/4 cup) cream cheese
180 ml (3/4 cup) small broccoli florets, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh tarragon, chopped
250 ml (1 cup) marinara sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
A few fresh basil leaves
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, without cutting all the way through.
- Mix the cream cheese, chopped broccoli florets and tarragon in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with the cream cheese mixture and close with toothpicks.
- Heat the marinara sauce in a pot over medium-low heat.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until the meat is no longer pink in the centre.
- Top the chicken breasts with marinara sauce before serving. Sprinkle with basil leaves if desired.