Mocha and Hazelnut Pie
- Serves 8
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Refrigeration 15 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
Per serving: calories 333; protein 3 g; fat 19 g; carbohydrates 40 g; fibre 2 g; iron 2 mg; calcium 42 mg; sodium 187 mg
This chocolate, hazelnut and coffee pie strikes the perfect balance between creamy and crunchy!
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 750 ml (3 cups) 2% milk
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) milk chocolate shavings
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease a 33 cm x 11 cm (13 in x 4½ in) rectangular pie plate.
- In a bowl, mix the baking crumbs with the hazelnuts and melted butter. Spread out in the pie plate and use a spoon to press it into the bottom and sides to form a crust.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a pot, cook the pudding mix with the milk according to the package directions. Add the coffee.
- Pour the pudding into the crust. Let it set in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the plate. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.
Use an electric mixer to beat 180 ml (3/4 cup) 35% whipping cream at high speed until it forms stiff peaks. Mix in 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar and 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla.