Smoked Cheddar, Asparagus and Mushroom Steak Rolls
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 12 minutes
Per serving: Calories 379; Protein 56 g; Fat 13 g; Carbohydrates 5 g; Fibre 2 g; Iron 6 mg; Calcium 194 mg; Sodium 233 mg
Beef wrapped around a filling of melted smoked cheese, asparagus and mushrooms—simple and oh so tasty!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Cook the asparagus for 3 to 4 minutes in a pot of boiling, salted water. Drain.
- Season the beef slices with salt and pepper. Spread the cheddar, asparagus, mushrooms and shallot over the beef slices. Roll up the slices and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Brown the rolls on all sides for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 5 to 6 minutes.