- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 30 minutes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the ground beef for 3 to 4 minutes, breaking up the meat with the wooden spoon.
- Add the chili seasoning and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salsa and tomato sauce. Season with salt.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the beans and stir. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Side dish idea
Chili Spice Tortillas
Mix 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground chili with 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground cumin, 2.5 ml (½ tsp) chopped oregano, 2.5 ml (½ tsp) paprika, 2.5 ml (½ tsp) garlic powder and 2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground cloves. Using 20 ml (4 tsp) olive oil, brush one side of 4 medium, whole wheat tortillas. Sprinkle with the spice blend. Cut each tortilla into 8 slices and place the slices onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 205°C (400°F).