Cauliflower, chicken and bacon casserole
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 22 minutes
Per serving: Calories 395, Protein 33 g, Fat 24 g, Carbohydrates 13 g, Fibre 4 g, Iron 1 mg, Calcium 196 mg, Sodium 457 mg
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Cook the bacon in a large ovenproof skillet for 5 to 6 minutes over medium heat. Set aside on a plate. Remove excess fat, leaving 15 ml (1 tbsp) in the pan.
- Add the chicken cubes to the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre.
- Add the cauliflower and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the bacon and cream. Stir and bring to a boil. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper. Stir.
- Cover with cheddar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Garnish with chives before serving.