Ground Chicken and Sweet Potato Casserole
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 26 minutes
Per serving: Calories 476, Protein 30 g, Fat 29 g, Carbohydrates 40 g, Fibre 7 g, Iron 3 mg, Calcium 311 mg, Sodium 598 mg
450 g (1 lb) ground chicken
2 sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
10 to 12 Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
125 ml (½ cup) honey garlic BBQ sauce
250 ml (1 cup) cheddar, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Heat a little olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook the ground chicken and onion for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, BBQ sauce and 80 ml (⅓ cup) water. Season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Top with cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes under the broiler, until the cheese has browned.