Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie With Broccoli
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 45 minutes (+ 25 minutes to reheat)
500 ml (2 cups) of cooked chicken, diced
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of broccoli, cut into small florets
2 cans (284 ml each) de condensed cream of broccoli soup
250 g (about 1/2 lb.) of pie dough
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of cheddar, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a bowl, mix the chicken with the broccoli, cream of broccoli soup, green onions, and parsley if desired.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a circle, 30 cm (12 in.) in diameter.
- Place the dough circle into a pie pan, 20 cm (8 in.) in diameter. Pour the prepared chicken into the dough and cover with cheese.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool slightly on the counter, then refrigerate to cool completely.
- Place the pot pie in a large airtight bag. Remove the air from the bag and seal it. Place the bag in the freezer.
- The night before your meal, let the pot pie thaw out in the refrigerator.
- When ready to eat, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Reheat the pot pie in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Side dish idea
Tomato Salad With Sunflower Seeds
In a salad bowl, mix 125 ml (1/2 cup) of sweet onion vinaigrette with 30 ml (2 tbsp) of chopped basil, 12 cocktail tomatoes of various colours, cut into quarters, 45 ml (3 tbsp) of sunflower seeds and 1/4 of a cucumber cut into half circles.