Tandoori Chicken Thighs
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Marinating 15 minutes
- Cook time 18 minutes
125 ml (½ cup) plain Greek yogurt (2%)
15 ml (1 tbsp) Garam masala
15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
450 g (1 lb) chicken thighs, boneless
15 ml (1 tbsp) ginger, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) chicken stock
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cilantro leaves
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt, Garam masala, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and chicken stock.
- Add the chicken thighs and stir to fully coat the chicken with the marinade. Cover and let marinate in a cool place for 15 minutes to 8 hours.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Transfer the thighs and the marinade into a baking dish. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink in the centre.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving, if desired.
Side dish idea
Ribbons Carrot Salad
Use a mandoline or julienne peeler to cut in ribbons 2 to 3 carrots. In a salad bowl, whisk together 30 ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil with 15 ml (1 tbsp) cider vinegar, 5 ml (1 tsp) honey and 2.5 ml (½ tsp) curry. Add ½ red onion, chopped, 125 ml (½ cup) red grapes, cut in half, 60 ml (¼ cup) toasted slivered almonds, 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped parsley and the shredded carrots. Stir.