- Serves 4
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Cook time 12 minutes
Per serving: calories 550; protein 28 g; fat 12 g; carbohydrates 35 g; fibre 9 g; iron 7 mg; calcium 388 mg; sodium 722 mg
Who doesn’t love a gratin? This lentil casserole is as tasty as it is nutritious, and will be sure to please moms and kids alike!
- 1 can (796 ml) of diced tomatoes
- 250 ml (1 cup) of vegetable stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) of whole or split dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 250 ml (1 cup) of steamed brown rice
- 500 ml (2 cups) Italian blend frozen vegetables
- 10 ml (2 tsp) of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of Italian shredded cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Bring the diced tomatoes and vegetables stock to boil in an ovenproof skillet.
- Add the lentils, rice, mixed vegetables and Italian seasoning.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Brown the cheese under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes.