Rigatoni With Meat Sauce
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 11 minutes
1.125 l (4 1/2 cups) of rigatoni noodles
450 g (1 lb.) of medium ground beef
500 ml (2 cups) of fresh vegetable mix for spaghetti sauce
125 ml (1/2 cup) of beef stock
1 can (540 ml) of diced tomatoes
- 10 ml (2 tsp) of minced garlic
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of chopped parsley
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta al dente in a pot of boiling, salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a little olive oil in another pot over medium heat. Cook the ground beef for 5 to 7 minutes, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until it is no longer pink.
- Add the vegetable mix and garlic to the pot. Stir. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the beef stock and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, and the parsley if desired. Season with salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Divide the pasta onto plates. Top with parmesan if desired.