Spaghetti With Meat and Vegetable Sauce
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
Per serving: calories 394; protein 22 g; fat 9 g; carbohydrates 57 g; fibre 5 g; iron 3 mg; calcium 82 mg; sodium 231 mg
- 225 g spaghetti noodles
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 225 g (about 1/2 lb) extra-lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) frozen diced vegetable mix
- 1 can (398 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 can (540 ml) diced tomatoes with Italian spices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta al dente in a pot of boiling, salted water. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in another pot over medium heat. Cook the beef with the onion for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring so that the meat separates.
- Add the vegetables. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes over medium heat. Serve with the pasta.