Chicken and Bacon Ranch Pizza
- Serves 4 – 2 pizzas, 25 cm (10 in) each
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 9 minutes
Per serving: Calories 780, Protein 37 g, Fat 37 g, Carbohydrates 73 g, Fibre 4 g, Iron 6 mg, Calcium 287 mg, Sodium 1,234 mg
2 package pizza dough, 255 g (about 1/2 lb) each
160 ml (2/3 cup) ranch dressing
2 chicken breasts, skinless, cooked and sliced
4 strips precooked bacon, cut into pieces
375 ml (1/2 cup) mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, cut into rounds
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) parsley, chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- On a floured surface, roll out each ball of dough into a circle, 25 cm (10 in) in diameter. Place each dough circle on a lightly oiled grilling sheet.
- Top the dough with the ranch dressing, chicken strips, bacon, red onion, and tomatoes, if desired. Sprinkle with mozzarella.Season with pepper.
- Place the grilling sheets on the hot grill. Close the lid and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the dough is firm and the cheese is melted.
- Use a large spatula to transfer the pizzas directly onto the grill. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the bottom of the pizzas is lightly grilled.
- Garnish with parsley before serving, if desired.
For baked pizzas
Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F). Follow steps 2 and 3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes under the broiler. Continue to step 6.