Squash and Bacon Pizza
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
Per serving: Calories – 496; Protein – 21 g; Fat – 22 g; Carbohydrates – 53 g; Fibre – 3 g; Iron – 3 mg; Calcium – 278 mg; Sodium – 1,011 mg
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) green onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Boil the diced squash in a pot of salted water for 6 to 8 minutes, until cooked but still crunchy. Drain and dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix the Italian seasonings with the olive oil. Brush the pizza crust with the herbed oil. Top with squash, bacon and mozzarella.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.
- Garnish with green onion before serving if desired.