Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 27 minutes
Per serving: Calories 361, Protein 16 g, Fat 14 g, Carbohydrates 45 g, Fibre 6 g, Iron 3 mg, Calcium 256 mg, Sodium 570 mg
4 bell peppers, various colours
1 can (540 ml) vegetable soup
250 ml (1 cup) quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 zucchinis, finely diced
250 ml (1 cup) cheddar, shredded
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Slice off the top third of the peppers and remove the cores, membranes and seeds.
- Bring the vegetable soup to a boil in a pot. Add the quinoa and cover. Let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes over low heat, until almost all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes before stirring with a fork.
- Add the zucchinis to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Stuff the peppers with the prepared quinoa and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving, if desired.
Side dish idea
Spinach, Cucumber and Walnut Salad
In a salad bowl, mix 750 ml (3 cups) baby spinach with 3 mini cucumbers, shredded, 125 ml (½ cup) chopped walnuts and 60 ml (¼ cup) balsamic vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.