Vegetarian Lasagna Rolls
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 30 minutes
2 Zucchinis, large
80 ml (1/3 cup) Roasted red peppers
1 container (475 g) Ricotta cheese
125 ml (1/2 cup) Grated parmesan
1 jar (700 ml) Délices D’Autrefois homestyle tofu sauce
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) small basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Use a mandoline or peeler to slice the zucchinis into long strips. The strips should be thin enough so that they can be easily rolled up.
- Dice the roasted red peppers and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with the breadcrumbs, egg, diced roasted red peppers and half of the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place about 30 ml (2 tbsp) of the ricotta mix at the base of each slice of zucchini. Roll the zucchini into a cylinder.
- Pour the tofu sauce into a 33 cm x 23 cm (13 in. x 9 in.) baking dish. Place the zucchini rolls into the dish vertically. Sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Garnish with basil leaves before serving, if desired.