Bacon and Caramelized Onion Stuffing
- Serves 10
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 50 minutes
Per serving: Calories 270; Protein 8 g; Fat 17 g; Carbohydrates 22 g; Fibre 2 g; Iron 1 mg; Calcium 33 mg; Sodium 588 mg
Everything is better with bacon, and turkey stuffing is no exception! This easy recipe featuring bacon and onions will take your Christmas dinner decadence to the next level!
- 125 ml (½ cup) butter
- 25 l (9 cups) Belgian bread, cut into small cubes
- 8 slices smoked maple bacon, cut into pieces
- 3 onions, chopped
- 375 ml (1½ cups) celery, diced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) thyme, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the bread cubes for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are golden‑brown. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pot, cook the bacon and onions for 4 to 5 minutes until they are golden‑brown.
- Add the celery and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently until the vegetables are tender.
- Put the bread cubes back into the pot. Add the thyme and parsley. Stir.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and stock. Season with pepper. Add to the pot and stir to fully coat the bread cubes with the egg mixture.
- Grease a 33 cm x 23 cm (13 in. x 9 in.) baking dish and pour the stuffing into it. Smooth out the surface. Place the baking dish in the oven about 40 to 50 minutes before the turkey is done cooking.
Leave a comment