Crispy Bacon Knots
- Serves 12 bites
- Prep time 12 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
Per serving: Calories 180, Protein 6 g, Fat 10 g, Carbohydrates 16 g, Fibre 1 g, Iron 1 mg, Calcium 18 mg, Sodium 345 mg
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter, melted
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a 30 cm x 20 cm (12 in x 8 in) rectangle.
- In a bowl, mix the chives with the melted butter and garlic.
- Brush the dough with the seasoned butter.
- Cut the dough into 12 strips lengthwise. Place a strip of bacon along each strip of dough. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Tie a knot in each strip. Place the dough knots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving space between each one.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the bites are cooking, heat the marinara sauce in a pot or in the microwave. Serve with the bacon bites.
Bloody Caesar With Bacon
Moisten the rim of four glasses with a lemon wedge. In a small plate, mix 7.5 ml (½ tbsp) celery salt with 60 ml (¼ cup) crumbled bacon. Dip the rim of each glass into the celery salt mix to rim them. In the glasses, distribute 20 ml (4 tsp) Worcestershire sauce and 500 ml (2 cups) tomato clam juice (like Clamato). Distribute 160 ml (⅔ cup) vodka in the glasses, if desired. Heat 8 strips of pre-cooked bacon in the microwave according to the instructions on the packaging. Garnish the glasses with the bacon strips, and celery stalks and lemon wedges, if desired.
Leave a comment