- Serves 28 cookies
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Refrigeration 50 minutes
- Cook time 8 minutes
Per serving: Calories 214; Protein 2 g; Fat 13 g; Carbohydrates 23 g; Fibre 1 g; Iron 1 mg; Calcium 11 mg; Sodium 66 mg
These snowball cookies are made with coconut, cream cheese and white chocolate and they are simply delicious! Keep this fun and easy recipe in mind for your Christmas potluck!
- 155 ml (about ⅔ cup) unsalted margarine or butter, softened
- 125 ml (½ cup) cream cheese
- 180 ml (¾ cup) icing sugar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 560 ml (2¼ cups) flour
- 25 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 225 g (½ lb.) white chocolate, cut into pieces
- 60 ml (¼ cup) 15% cooking cream
- 750 ml (3 cups) shredded, sweetened coconut
- In a bowl, whip 125 ml (½ cup) margarine with the cream cheese, icing sugar and sugar until creamy.
- In another bowl, mix the flour with the salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.
- Shape 28 balls with your hands, using about 15 ml (1 tbsp) of cookie dough for each. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving about 5 cm (2 in.) of space between each ball. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let cool on a rack.