- Serves 10
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 45 minutes
Par portion: Calories 242; Protein 5 g; Fat 16 g; Carbohydrates 20 g; Fibre 2 g; Iron 2 mg; Calcium 53 mg; Sodium 502 mg
A turkey without stuffing just wouldn’t be the same. This classic recipe is sure to take you back to your childhood!
- 180ml (¾ cup) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 375 ml (1½ cups) celery, diced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of garlic, minced
- 25l (9 cups) bread, cut into small cubes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) thyme, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sage, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) parsley, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium‑low heat. Cook the onion, celery and garlic for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Remove from heat. Add the bread cubes and herbs. Stir.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the pot and stir to fully coat the bread cubes with the egg mixture.
- Grease a 33 cm x 23 cm (13 in. x 9 in.) baking dish and pour the stuffing into it. Smooth out the surface. Place the baking dish in the oven about 40 to 50 minutes before the turkey is done cooking.