Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Serves 8
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 30 minutes
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder, 1 pinch of salt and the baking soda.
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to whip the softened butter with the brown sugar until creamy. Add the eggs and whip for a few more seconds.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until evenly mixed throughout. Add the chocolate pieces and stir.
- Line an ovenproof skillet, 20 cm (8 in) in diameter, with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Flatten the surface.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove the skillet from the oven and let it cool.
Bring 45 ml (3 tbsp) 15% cooking cream to a boil in a pot over medium-low heat. Remove from the heat. Add 100 g (3½ oz.) milk chocolate, cut into pieces, and let melt. Add 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a star tip with the chocolate icing. Decorate the edges of the cookie cake with chocolate rosettes.