Italian Beef and Spinach Soup
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 24 minutes
Per serving: Calories – 388; Protein – 30 g; Fat – 16 g; Carbohydrates – 31 g; Fibre – 3 g; Iron – 6 mg; Calcium – 117 mg; Sodium – 824 mg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of garlic, minced
- Heat a little olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add the diced tomatoes and beef stock. Bring to a boil, then let simmer over medium-low heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the farfalle and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and stir. Cook for 2 minutes until the pasta is al dente.