Ham and Corn Rice
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 21 minutes
Per serving: Calories 482; Protein 19 g; Fat 17 g; Carbohydrates 69 g; Fibre 4 g; Iron 1 mg; Calcium 155 mg; Sodium 1,073 mg
Looking for a simple, balanced meal for a weeknight supper? Try this ham and corn rice—you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic, minced
- Heat a little canola oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and 500 ml (2 cups) of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over low heat, until the liquid is completely absorbed. Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes before stirring with a fork.
- Heat a little canola oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the ham and corn for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the rice and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the green onion and cheese. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper. Stir.
Leave a comment