Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
Per serving: Calories 614, Protein 27 g, Fat 25 g, Carbohydrates 69 g, Fibre 2 g, Iron 2 mg, Calcium 82 mg, Sodium 1,308 mg
Quicker and less costly than a paella, this jambalaya is tasty and easy to throw together!
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 2 Italian tomatoes, diced
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the sausages for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic, if desired. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, chicken stock and Cajun spices. Bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and diced tomatoes, if desired. Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes over medium-low heat.
Leave a comment