Creamy Beef Macaroni
- Serves 6
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 10 minutes
Per serving: Calories 602, Protein 33 g, Fat 28 g, Carbohydrates 54 g, Fibre 3 g, Iron 4 mg, Calcium 420 mg, Sodium 1,379 mg
Salsa and peppers add colour and spice to this pasta dish—and the kids will love it!
1 package (350 g) macaroni
350 g (about ¾ lb) lean ground beef
1 green bell pepper, diced
250 ml (1 cup) mild salsa
1 container (400 g) cheese spread
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Cook the pasta al dente in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Drain.
- Heat the oil in the same pot over medium heat. Cook the beef, green pepper and onion for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the salsa and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
- Add the cheese spread and let it melt for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir. Heat for 1 minute.