Shrimp and Coconut Milk Soup
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 7 hours on low (slow cooker)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ginger, minced
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic, minced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) lime juice
- A few leaves of fresh cilantro
- In the slow cooker, mix the carrots, stock, coconut milk, ginger, garlic, and lime juice, if desired.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours and 30 minutes to 7 hours and 30 minutes on low.
- Add the shrimp to the slow cooker and cook for another 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, soak the rice vermicelli according to the package directions. Drain.
- Add the vermicelli to the soup.
- Divide the soup into bowls. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Side dish idea
Crispy Sesame Wonton Chips
Brush 12 wonton wrappers with 1 beaten egg white. Sprinkle the wrappers with 45 ml (3 tbsp) of sesame seeds and press to ensure they adhere well. Cut each wrapper diagonally. Brush with 30 ml (2 tbsp) of olive oil and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 180°C (350°F), until golden-brown.