- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 4 hours and 10 minutes (on low)
Per serving: Calories 386, Protein 48 g, Fat 13 g, Carbohydrates 18 g, Fibre 2 g, Iron 6 mg, Calcium 88 mg, Sodium 840 mg
125 ml (½ cup) beef stock
1 can (284 ml) condensed cream of mushroom soup
750 g (about 1⅔ lb.) beef sirloin, cut into strips
80 ml (⅓ cup) plain yogurt (0%)
1 package (227 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) parsley, chopped
- Place the beef stock and the condensed cream of mushroom soup in a large airtight bag. Shake.
- Add the beef, mushrooms, onion, and garlic, if desired. Close the bag and shake it. Remove the air from the bag and seal it.
- Place the bag flat in the freezer.
- The night before your meal, let the bag thaw out in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to cook, empty the ingredients into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Dilute the cornstarch in a little cold water.
- Add the diluted cornstarch and yogurt into the slow cooker. Stir. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.