Honey-sesame Pulled Chicken
- Serves 4 to 6
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 4 to 5 hours on low (slow cooker)
Per serving: Calories – 599; Protein – 77 g; Fat - 21 g; Carbohydrates – 22 g; Fibre – 1 g; Iron – 4 mg; Calcium – 44 mg; Sodium – 1,210 mg
Slow cookers are fantastic tools that can make your life easier. Need proof? This simple recipe for honey-sesame pulled chicken tastes equally great on its own, served atop noodles or as a gourmet sandwich filling.
- 12 chicken thighs
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) toasted sesame seeds
For the sauce:
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken broth
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) ketchup
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) rice vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sesame oil (untoasted)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cornstarch
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ginger, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In the slow cooker, combine all the sauce ingredients. Add the chicken thighs and stir.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the slow cooker. Shred the meat and add back to the sauce.
- Serve each portion with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and green onion.
Leave a comment