Potato and Ham Gratin
- Serves 4
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 6 hours on low (slow cooker)
Per serving: Calories 452, Protein 21 g, Fat 19 g, Carbohydrates 53 g, Fibre 3 g, Iron 1 mg, Calcium 280 mg, Sodium 1,094 mg
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cornstarch
- 5 ml (1 tsp) nutmeg
- Grease the interior of the slow cooker.
- Peel the potatoes and then cut them into thin slices.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dairy blend, the contents of the béchamel sauce packets, the garlic, the cornstarch, half of the cheese, and the nutmeg if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a third of the potato slices, a third of the ham and a third of the béchamel sauce in the slow cooker. Repeat these steps two times, creating layers with each ingredient. Cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 7 hours on low heat, until the potatoes are tender.
Side dish idea
Cut the ends off of 200 g (about ½ lb.) asparagus. Spread the asparagus on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix 30 ml (2 tbsp) hazelnut oil with 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey and 15 ml (1 tbsp) salad seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the asparagus with the honey mix and bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 205°C (400°F).
Leave a comment