Rosée Sauce With Roasted Peppers and Lentils
- Serves about 1.5 l (6 cups)
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 5 hours on low (slow-cooker)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of oregano, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Season with pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer the prepared ingredients to a bowl. Use an immersion blender to blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
A simple tweak
Dairy products don’t like being cooked for a long time, which is why they are typically added 30 minutes before the dish is finished cooking. There is one product, however, that works wonderfully as a milk or cream substitute in a slow cooker recipe: evaporated milk (or unsweetened condensed milk). Since it’s evaporated, you can add it to the other ingredients from the very beginning without having to worry afterwards. Just make sure you don’t confuse it with sweetened condensed milk—you’ll wind up with caramel